Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Help: Very Brief Translation

I've been trying to read various articles in B/C/S; which is hard considering I don't speak the language. So, I have been trying to transliterate the B/C/S into English using a dictionary and common sense. This is often difficult, because not every word translates directly into English. Also, often the meaning of words changes depending on the context etc.
That being said, transliterating can be sort of fun and at times I can even get a generic idea of what the article said.

One I am having a bit of a problem translating these two sentences.

"Kontakti sa njom svodili su se uglavnom na zajedničku brigu o djeci.
Njegova veza sa kćerkom i sinom sve vrijeme je bila jaka i izuzetno emotivna ."



I recognize most of the words, but don't understand the entire sentence. I know this is a wierd request, but if someone could please translate the above sentence into Bosnian for me. I would be very grateful-thanks.

2 comments:

Eric Gordy said...

"Kontakti sa njom svodili su se uglavnom na zajedničku brigu o djeci.
Njegova veza sa kćerkom i sinom sve vrijeme je bila jaka i izuzetno emotivna ."

Here's my effort:

"Contact with here was mostly reduced to their joint care of the children. His relationship with their daughter and son was always strong and deeply emotional."

Shaina, thanks for adding to the number of good Balkan blogs!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory