Thursday, November 23, 2006

A nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!

Oh, heck, I wouldn't mind living there! The ICTY has given an unprecedented look into the ICTY holding cells via pictures and video.
And don't get me wrong, I don't believe any of the defendants should get the "Gitmo" treatment, it does sort of irk me that the Hague Jail is nicer than my college dorm, and they didn't have to pay a few thousand dollars per semester to live there!

Typical Cell The layout looks eerily familiar to the layout of my college dorm, although granted we had actual beds instead of a table to sleep on.

Another shot My freshman & sophomore years, I had to share a communal bathroom with some 40 girls who lived on my floor. Not that I'm complaining ;)


Art room


More photos and a video can be found on the ICTY website. Just click on the blue coded "ICTY AT A GLANCE" section, and go down to detention unit. The descriptions are kind of amusing, it makes the ICTY unit sound like a summer camp.

No comments: